Thursday, August 16, 2012

Montaigne essay

If I had more time to write the essay I would have added that Pride and Prejudice uses a more narrative style and tone while Montaigne is more philosophical and observant. Pride and Prejudice is mainly told from the point of Elizabeth Bennet therefore is third person omniscient. Montaigne used often referred to other philosophers to back up his claims even if they might have been misinterpreted. Unlike Pride and Prejudice Montaigne writes of his own experience and sometimes of his own life to get the reader to reflect on his or her own behavior. He writes as if he is giving advice that can either be heeded or ignored. He does not aim to persuade or start an argument only advise on how to live and behave.

"what occurred to you after you left?" I don't really know what that is asking neither do I have a specific answer.

Even though I had to put down my pen for a few minutes I was still thinking about what to write so that when I got back I could put my thoughts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment