Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

Shakespeare was an English poet who wrote 38 plays and 154 sonnets. He was born in Stratford and at the age of 18 marries Anne Hathaway. He had three children with Anne Hathaway. Along with being a poet he was an actor and part owner of a playing company called King's Men. He retired to Stratford at the age of 49 and died years later.

There are still many unknown facts about Shakespeare. For instance where he went to school and what inspired him to be a writer/poet. His private life is a huge mystery and in my opinion might be pretty interesting.

Shakespeare to most students is a horrible experience. They mainly look at his work with disgust with the exception of few. This is mostly due to his intricate writing style and unfamiliar language. Over the years my stance on Shakespeare still stands and that is I don't really like his works. What I get now is that many modern plays and movies are derived from Shakespeare. I struggle with Shakespeare because I am horrible with reading and understanding poems and plays and Shakespeare puts those two together.


No comments:

Post a Comment